Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v1 1/1] docs: add the new commit-msg tags 'Reported:' and 'Reviewed:'

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 06:12:10 +0000

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Eric Wong <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > git send-email's capitalization does annoy me and I've looked
> > into changing it; but there's a bunch of tests and probably
> > dependent code that also need to be updated...
> 
> It does annoy me, too, and I do not mind if it gets "fixed", but I
> do not know if the cost for vetting a bulk update like that is worth
> it.  There is another one outside send-email in log-tree.c that is
> responsible for output from format-patch.

I support updating the documentation in git, first; then perhaps
making tests case-insensitive (which could be a complex
change...).

Unfortunately, changing the send-email + log-tree.c code would
break existing users of the applypatch-msg hook sample in
linux/Documentation/maintainer/configure-git.rst which has
been case-sensitive for around for 2 years:
https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

:<