Subject: [PATCH 0/1] xdiff: share xdiff between git and libgit2

From: Edward Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 01:29:51 +0000

Hello from libgit2, where we borrowed your xdiff a few years ago and
have watched as we both hacked on it independently.  (For us, mostly it
was around tightening some things up around warnings and signed/unsigned
mismatches.)  However, we'd love to share a common xdiff implementation,
and we're happy if git is the home for that.

The next patch adds an indirection point, `git-xdiff.h`, that contains
the git-specific functionality in xdiff.  This keeps the core of xdiff
to standard functions.  Other xdiff users, like libgit2, can specify
their own compatibility functions in this header file.

I hope that this allows us to make progress on a common xdiff; we'd love
to go back to building it without warnings, but we'd like to not do that
in isolation.

Cheers-
-ed

Edward Thomson (1):
  xdiff: provide indirection to git functions

 xdiff/git-xdiff.h | 14 ++++++++++++++
 xdiff/xdiff.h     |  8 +++-----
 xdiff/xdiffi.c    | 20 ++++++++++----------
 xdiff/xinclude.h  |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 xdiff/git-xdiff.h

--
2.35.0