Subject: [PATCH v5 00/22] git-p4: Various code tidy-ups

From: Joel Holdsworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:24:42 +0100

This patch set contains multiple patches to improve consistency and
tidyness of the git-p4 script's code style.

Many of these patches have been driven by the guidlines contained in the
Python PEP8 "Style Guide for Python Code" and were applied using a
mixture of human intervention, and tools including autopep8 and
pycodestyle.

This patch-set stops short of bringing git-p4 into full PEP8 compliance,
most notably in regard to the following items:

  - There is no patch to apply the recommended column limit of
    79-characters,
  - There is no patch to correct hanging indents of multi-line
    declarations such as multi-line function delcarations, function
    invocations, etc.

Patches to correct these items may be provided later.

This fifth version of the patch-set adds a missing Signed-off-by label to
the final patch.

Joel Holdsworth (22):
  git-p4: add blank lines between functions and class definitions
  git-p4: remove unneeded semicolons from statements
  git-p4: indent with 4-spaces
  git-p4: improve consistency of docstring formatting
  git-p4: convert descriptive class and function comments into
    docstrings
  git-p4: remove commented code
  git-p4: sort and de-duplcate pylint disable list
  git-p4: remove padding from lists, tuples and function arguments
  git-p4: remove spaces around default arguments
  git-p4: removed brackets when assigning multiple return values
  git-p4: place a single space after every comma
  git-p4: remove extraneous spaces before function arguments
  git-p4: remove redundant backslash-continuations inside brackets
  git-p4: remove spaces between dictionary keys and colons
  git-p4: ensure every comment has a single #
  git-p4: ensure there is a single space around all operators
  git-p4: normalize indentation of lines in conditionals
  git-p4: compare to singletons with "is" and "is not"
  git-p4: only seperate code blocks by a single empty line
  git-p4: move inline comments to line above
  git-p4: seperate multiple statements onto seperate lines
  git-p4: sort imports

 git-p4.py | 882 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 1 file changed, 525 insertions(+), 357 deletions(-)

-- 
2.35.GIT