Subject: [PATCH v5 02/10] Makefile: generate "po/git.pot" from stable LOCALIZED_C

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 22:50:27 +0800

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>

Different users may generate a different message template file
"po/git.pot". This is because the POT file is generated from
"$(LOCALIZED_C)", which is supposed to list all the sources that we
extract the strings to be translated from. But "$(LOCALIZED_C)"
includes "$(C_OBJ)", which only lists the source files used in the
current build for a specific platform and specific compiler
conditions.

Instead of using "$(C_OBJ)", we use "$(FOUND_C_SOURCES)", which lists
all source files we keep track of (or ship in a tarball extract), to
form a stable "LOCALIZED_C". We also add "$(SCALAR_SOURCES)", which
is part of "$(C_OBJ)" but not included in "$(FOUND_C_SOURCES)".

With this update, the newly generated "po/git.pot" will have 30 new
entries coming from the following C source files:

 * compat/fsmonitor/fsm-listen-win32.c
 * compat/mingw.c
 * compat/regex/regcomp.c
 * compat/simple-ipc/ipc-win32.c

Signed-off-by: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
---
 Makefile | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
index 7ca95cdb82..f2f9c9bc81 100644
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@ -2713,7 +2713,8 @@ XGETTEXT_FLAGS_SH = $(XGETTEXT_FLAGS) --language=Shell \
 	--keyword=gettextln --keyword=eval_gettextln
 XGETTEXT_FLAGS_PERL = $(XGETTEXT_FLAGS) --language=Perl \
 	--keyword=__ --keyword=N__ --keyword="__n:1,2"
-LOCALIZED_C = $(sort $(C_OBJ:o=c) $(LIB_H) $(GENERATED_H))
+LOCALIZED_C = $(sort $(FOUND_C_SOURCES) $(FOUND_H_SOURCES) $(SCALAR_SOURCES) \
+	        $(GENERATED_H))
 LOCALIZED_SH = $(sort $(SCRIPT_SH) git-sh-setup.sh)
 LOCALIZED_PERL = $(sort $(SCRIPT_PERL))
 
-- 
2.36.0.1.g15c4090757