Subject: Re: `git patch-id --stable' vs quoted-printable

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 17:01:14 +0000

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> René Scharfe <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Am 22.08.22 um 06:06 schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> >> René, do you remember if you used diff.suppressBlankEmpty
> >> configuration when generating the patch in question at:
> >>
> >>     https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/raw
> >>
> >> by the way?
> >
> > I did not use that option.  Attached the copy from my Sent folder, which
> > has spaces at the start of the blank lines in the config.txt hunk.
> 
> Hmph, so I cannot quite explain what removed the leading spaces from
> the copy public-inbox archived.

Both the June 26 message and the latest which arrived directly
in my IMAP inbox (w/o public-inbox) are missing the space in
blank lines, matching what public-inbox.org and lore have.

I don't think postfix, SpamAssassin, or dovecot strip that..

I would expect the blank context lines in the QP version to have
"=20".  I sent this to [email-masked] using
`git send-email --transfer-encoding=quoted-printable' and it
confirms the blank context lines having "=20" which are missing
in René's messages:
https://try.public-inbox.org/test/[email-masked]/raw