Subject: [PATCH 1/6] t2407-worktree-heads.sh: remove outdated loop

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:09:43 +0200

The test 'refuse to overwrite during rebase with --update-refs'
initially [1] used two branches 'fake-3' and 'fake-4', and to run the
same git operation and check on both it used a 'for i in 3 4' loop.
This test was then soon updated [2] to operate only on a single
branch.  This change made that loop unnecessary, but it forgot to
remove it.

(For future work, note the misleading error message in this test: it
says "cannot force update the branch <branch> checked out at
<worktree>", but the branch in question is not, in fact, checked out
in the named worktree (it's not checked out anywhere actually!); it
can't be updated because it's kind-of "locked" by an 'update-ref'
instruction of the ongoing rebase operation.)

[1] aa7f2fd150 (branch: consider refs under 'update-refs', 2022-07-19)
[2] 89fc0b53fd (rebase: update refs from 'update-ref' commands,
                2022-07-19)

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh | 8 ++------
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh b/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh
index 019a40df2c..126f0d4956 100755
--- a/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh
+++ b/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh
@@ -87,12 +87,8 @@ test_expect_success !SANITIZE_LEAK 'refuse to overwrite: worktree in rebase with
 	git branch -f can-be-updated wt-3 &&
 	test_must_fail git -C wt-3 rebase --update-refs conflict-3 &&
 
-	for i in 3 4
-	do
-		test_must_fail git branch -f can-be-updated HEAD 2>err &&
-		grep "cannot force update the branch '\''can-be-updated'\'' checked out at.*wt-3" err ||
-			return 1
-	done
+	test_must_fail git branch -f can-be-updated HEAD 2>err &&
+	grep "cannot force update the branch '\''can-be-updated'\'' checked out at.*wt-3" err
 '
 
 test_expect_success !SANITIZE_LEAK 'refuse to fetch over ref: checked out' '
-- 
2.38.0.rc2.542.g9b62912f7f