Subject: [PATCH v7 0/7] submodule: parallelize diff

From: Calvin Wan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 18:16:59 +0000

Original cover letter for context:
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Changes since v6

Added patches 4 and 5 to refactor out more functionality so that it is
clear what changes my final patch makes. Since the large majority of
the functionality between the serial and parallel implementation is now
shared, I no longer remove the serial implementation.

Added additional tests to verify setting parallelism doesn't alter
output

Calvin Wan (7):
  run-command: add duplicate_output_fn to run_processes_parallel_opts
  submodule: strbuf variable rename
  submodule: move status parsing into function
  submodule: refactor is_submodule_modified()
  diff-lib: refactor out diff_change logic
  diff-lib: refactor match_stat_with_submodule
  diff-lib: parallelize run_diff_files for submodules

 Documentation/config/submodule.txt |  12 ++
 diff-lib.c                         | 133 +++++++++++---
 run-command.c                      |  16 +-
 run-command.h                      |  27 +++
 submodule.c                        | 274 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 submodule.h                        |   9 +
 t/helper/test-run-command.c        |  21 +++
 t/t0061-run-command.sh             |  39 ++++
 t/t4027-diff-submodule.sh          |  31 ++++
 t/t7506-status-submodule.sh        |  25 +++
 10 files changed, 508 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.1.519.gcb327c4b5f-goog