Subject: [PATCH v2 1/1] MyFirstContribution: add note about SMTP server config

From: Vivan Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 22:40:40 -0700

In the documentation on using git-send-email, it was noted that the configuration
for sending email can vary based on your operating system and email provider.
However, it was not explicitly stated that you will need to set up your SMTP
server details in git's configuration file under the 'sendemail' section. This
information is critical for users who are new to using git-send-email and may
not be familiar with the additional setup required to use their SMTP server. By
adding this note to the documentation, the aim is to provide users with a more
complete understanding of the configuration process and help them avoid
potential roadblocks in setting up git-send-email.

Signed-off-by: Vivan Garg <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
index ccfd0cb5f3..ca095283d3 100644
--- a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
+++ b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
@@ -1001,7 +1001,10 @@ typical `git` install. You may need to install this additional package; there
 are a number of resources online to help you do so. You will also need to
 determine the right way to configure it to use your SMTP server; again, as this
 configuration can change significantly based on your system and email setup, it
-is out of scope for the context of this tutorial.
+is out of scope for the context of this tutorial. Additionally, note that you 
+will need to set up your SMTP server details in git's configuration file. The 
+relevant settings can be found under the 'sendemail' section (see 
+linkgit:git-config[1]).
 
 [[format-patch]]
 === Preparing Initial Patchset
-- 
2.37.0 (Apple Git-136)