Subject: [PATCH 09/20] t5551: handle v2 protocol in upload-pack service test

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 15:39:02 -0800

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>

We perform a clone and a fetch, and then check that we saw the expected
requests in Apache's access log. In the v2 protocol, there will be one
extra request to /git-upload-pack for each operation (since the initial
/info/refs probe is just used to upgrade the protocol).

As a result, this test is a noop unless the use of the v0 protocol is
forced. Which means that hardly anybody runs it, since you have to do so
manually.

Let's update it to handle v2 and run it always. We could do this by just
conditionally adding in the extra POST lines. But if we look at the
origin of the test in 7da4e2280c (test smart http fetch and push,
2009-10-30), the point is really just to make sure that the smart
git-upload-pack service was used at all. So rather than counting up the
individual requests, let's just make sure we saw each of the expected
types. This is a bit looser, but makes maintenance easier.

Since we're now matching with grep, we can also loosen the HTTP/1.1
match, which allows this test to pass when run with HTTP/2 via t5559.
That lets:

  GIT_TEST_PROTOCOL_VERSION=0 ./t5559-http-fetch-smart-http2.sh

run to completion, which previously failed (and of course it works if
you use v2, as well).

Signed-off-by: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh | 16 +++-------------
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh b/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
index 9d99cefb92..b912958518 100755
--- a/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
+++ b/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
@@ -143,19 +143,9 @@ test_expect_success 'fetch changes via http' '
 '
 
 test_expect_success 'used upload-pack service' '
-	cat >exp <<-\EOF &&
-	GET  /smart/repo.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack HTTP/1.1 200
-	POST /smart/repo.git/git-upload-pack HTTP/1.1 200
-	GET  /smart/repo.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack HTTP/1.1 200
-	POST /smart/repo.git/git-upload-pack HTTP/1.1 200
-	EOF
-
-	# NEEDSWORK: If the overspecification of the expected result is reduced, we
-	# might be able to run this test in all protocol versions.
-	if test "$GIT_TEST_PROTOCOL_VERSION" = 0
-	then
-		check_access_log exp
-	fi
+	strip_access_log >log &&
+	grep "GET  /smart/repo.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack HTTP/[0-9.]* 200" log &&
+	grep "POST /smart/repo.git/git-upload-pack HTTP/[0-9.]* 200" log
 '
 
 test_expect_success 'follow redirects (301)' '
-- 
2.40.0-rc0-32-ga0f05f6840