Subject: [PATCH v1 4/7] t1302: don't create unused file

From: Andrei Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 21:15:17 +0100

Test 'gitdir selection on unsupported repo' in t1302-repo-version.sh
writes output of a "git config" invocation to file "actual".  However,
the test doesn't have any assertions for the file.  The file was used by
this test until commit b9605bc4f2 (config: only read .git/config from
configured repos, 2016-09-12), before which "git config" was expected to
print the bogus value of "core.repositoryformatversion" to standard
output.

Don't redirect output of "git config" to file "actual" in test 'gitdir
selection on unsupported repo'.

Signed-off-by: Andrei Rybak <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t1302-repo-version.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t1302-repo-version.sh b/t/t1302-repo-version.sh
index 70389fa2eb..179474fa65 100755
--- a/t/t1302-repo-version.sh
+++ b/t/t1302-repo-version.sh
@@ -37,7 +37,7 @@ test_expect_success 'gitdir selection on normal repos' '
 
 test_expect_success 'gitdir selection on unsupported repo' '
 	# Make sure it would stop at test2, not trash
-	test_expect_code 1 git -C test2 config core.repositoryformatversion >actual
+	test_expect_code 1 git -C test2 config core.repositoryformatversion
 '
 
 test_expect_success 'gitdir not required mode' '
-- 
2.39.2