Subject: Re: [POLL] Git Merge 2023 dates

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 09:20:07 +0200

Hi Taylor,

I quickly wanted to share my personal preference regarding Git Merge
2023.

>  - The third week of September in Bilbao, Spain, or

I would love to see Git Merge happen in Europe this yeas. But I was
looking at the Open Source Summit Europe schedule and it's a bit
unfortunate the conf is from Tuesday till Thursday. Usually we have two
days for Git Merge, so are you planning to have one day before and one
day after that conf? Anyhow, personally I'm stuck from the 22th
September. So I'd prefer Git Merge to happen before OSSE.

>  - Mid-October in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

On my agenda this would fit in better, although it's harder for me to
get there.

I'm not sure this provides you a lot of constructive feedback, but I
wanted to let you know anyway.

One other note, are you planning a full day for the Contributor Summit
again? Because I felt the half day last time was too short.

Also if GitHub is interested in any help/support from GitLab to set up
Git Merge, I'm happy to hook you up with the correct people.

--
Toon