Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] bugreport: include +i in outfile suffix as needed

From: Jacob Stopak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 20:42:34 -0700

Update git bugreport to allow creation of multiple bugreports with
default settings during a given minute interval.

Address several edge cases where users might run git bugreport multiple
times within a minute and expect multiple reports to be created.

Handle these cases by checking to see if a file with the default
timestamped filename already exists, and if so, appending a '+1' value
to the filename suffix. Keep doing so until a unique filename is reached
or '+9' is reached. At this point, if uniqueness is still not found,
the previous error that a file with the given name already exists.

If the --diagnose flag is supplied, apply the same '+i' incremented
filename suffix to the diagnostics zip file.

Reorder the code block that creates the diagnostics zip file so it isn't
created in the event the bugreport itself isn't created due to an error.

Jacob Stopak (3):
  bugreport: include +i in outfile suffix as needed
  bugreport: match diagnostics filename with report
  bugreport: don't create --diagnose zip w/o report

 builtin/bugreport.c | 54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 1 file changed, 36 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

base-commit: 493f4622739e9b64f24b465b21aa85870dd9dc09
-- 
2.42.0.298.gd89efca819.dirty