Subject: [PATCH v2 2/2] githooks: use {old,new}-oid instead of {old,new}-value

From: Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 08:49:15 +0200

From: Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]>

Similar to the previous commit, rename {old,new}-value in the 'githooks'
documentation to {old,new}-oid. This improves clarity and also ensures
consistency within the document.

Signed-off-by: Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/githooks.txt | 16 ++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/githooks.txt b/Documentation/githooks.txt
index 37f91d5b50..ee9b92c90d 100644
--- a/Documentation/githooks.txt
+++ b/Documentation/githooks.txt
@@ -275,12 +275,12 @@ This hook executes once for the receive operation. It takes no
 arguments, but for each ref to be updated it receives on standard
 input a line of the format:
 
-  <old-value> SP <new-value> SP <ref-name> LF
+  <old-oid> SP <new-oid> SP <ref-name> LF
 
-where `<old-value>` is the old object name stored in the ref,
-`<new-value>` is the new object name to be stored in the ref and
+where `<old-oid>` is the old object name stored in the ref,
+`<new-oid>` is the new object name to be stored in the ref and
 `<ref-name>` is the full name of the ref.
-When creating a new ref, `<old-value>` is the all-zeroes object name.
+When creating a new ref, `<old-oid>` is the all-zeroes object name.
 
 If the hook exits with non-zero status, none of the refs will be
 updated. If the hook exits with zero, updating of individual refs can
@@ -503,13 +503,13 @@ given reference transaction is in:
 For each reference update that was added to the transaction, the hook
 receives on standard input a line of the format:
 
-  <old-value> SP <new-value> SP <ref-name> LF
+  <old-oid> SP <new-oid> SP <ref-name> LF
 
-where `<old-value>` is the old object name passed into the reference
-transaction, `<new-value>` is the new object name to be stored in the
+where `<old-oid>` is the old object name passed into the reference
+transaction, `<new-oid>` is the new object name to be stored in the
 ref and `<ref-name>` is the full name of the ref. When force updating
 the reference regardless of its current value or when the reference is
-to be created anew, `<old-value>` is the all-zeroes object name. To
+to be created anew, `<old-oid>` is the all-zeroes object name. To
 distinguish these cases, you can inspect the current value of
 `<ref-name>` via `git rev-parse`.
 
-- 
2.43.GIT