Subject: [PATCH 0/2] advice: add "all" option to disable all hints

From: James Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 13:58:55 +1000

Hello,

This patch series adds an "all" advice hint type that can be used as a
convenience option for disabling all advice hints. This is useful in a
server context where advice hints won't be seen by a human, and hints
that change over time may cause test failures.

This value should only be set to "false", at which point all hints will
be disabled. Individual hints can then be enabled by setting their
respective types to "true".

The series also modifies the `advise` test tool so it's able to test the
normal and special case branches in the advice_enabled() function, and
adds a few more test cases to verify behaviour.

Cheers,
James

James Liu (2):
  advice: allow advice type to be provided in tests
  advice: add "all" option to disable all hints

 Documentation/config/advice.txt |  5 +++
 advice.c                        |  8 +++++
 advice.h                        |  1 +
 t/helper/test-advise.c          | 20 +++++++----
 t/t0018-advice.sh               | 63 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 5 files changed, 88 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.44.0