Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add GitLab CI to check for whitespace errors

From: Justin Tobler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:33:21 -0500

Hello everyone,

The currently configured GitLab pipelines do not include a CI job to
check for whitespace errors. Instead of generalizing the existing GitHub
action in `.github/workflows/check-whitespace.yml`, this change opts to
create a separate generalized `ci/whitespace-check.sh` script to build
from. The existing action does extra work to create a GitHub specific
summary artifact that is markdown formatted with links to commits and
blobs. If this summary feature is not considered necessary, the GitHub
action could be reworked to use the general whitespace check.

He is a link to a successful execution of the CI job:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/git/-/jobs/6744313860

I also added a small change to by default collapse grouped sections of
CI output to reduce noise.

-Justin

Justin Tobler (2):
  ci: pre-collapse GitLab CI sections
  gitlab-ci: add whitespace error check

 .gitlab-ci.yml         |  9 +++++++++
 ci/check-whitespace.sh | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 ci/lib.sh              |  2 +-
 3 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100755 ci/check-whitespace.sh

base-commit: 786a3e4b8d754d2b14b1208b98eeb0a554ef19a8
-- 
2.44.0