Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Describe life cycle of a patch series

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 09:55:24 -0700

Start the SubmittingPatches document by describing the life cycle of
a typical patch series to give the readers a sense of what process
to expect, including how the key events like rerolls, merge to 'next',
and graduation to 'master' happen, and what are expected of them.

Relative to the initial version, 

 . [Patch 1/2] explains in its proposed log message that there is no
   content changes except for the section level adjustment

 . [Patch 2/2] has lost a paragraph about how the process is
   different from the "ideal", which is irrelevant to the target
   audience who want to learn what the current practice is.

I'll follow these patches up with a separate patch to clarify the
proposed "decision making" document by making it more focused on
deciding on issues at levels higher than an individual patch series,
which is fully covered by the SubmittingPatches document.

Junio C Hamano (2):
  SubmittingPatches: move the patch-flow section earlier
  SubmittingPatches: extend the "flow" section

 Documentation/SubmittingPatches | 121 ++++++++++++++++++--------------
 1 file changed, 70 insertions(+), 51 deletions(-)

-- 
2.45.0-119-g0f3415f1f8