Subject: [PATCH v2 04/12] ci: avoid bare "gcc" for osx-gcc job

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 12:47:07 -0700

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>

On macOS, a bare "gcc" (without a version) will invoke a wrapper for
clang, not actual gcc. Even when gcc is installed via homebrew, that
only provides version-specific links in /usr/local/bin (like "gcc-13"),
and never a version-agnostic "gcc" wrapper.

As far as I can tell, this has been the case for a long time, and this
osx-gcc job has largely been doing nothing. We can point it at "gcc-13",
which will pick up the homebrew-installed version.

The fix here is specific to the github workflow file, as the gitlab one
does not have a matching job.

It's a little unfortunate that we cannot just ask for the latest version
of gcc which homebrew provides, but as far as I can tell there is no
easy alias (you'd have to find the highest number gcc-* in
/usr/local/bin yourself).

[jc: cherry-picked from v2.45.0-2-g11c7001e3d]

Signed-off-by: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 .github/workflows/main.yml | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/.github/workflows/main.yml b/.github/workflows/main.yml
index 2dc0221f7f..583e7cd5f0 100644
--- a/.github/workflows/main.yml
+++ b/.github/workflows/main.yml
@@ -264,7 +264,7 @@ jobs:
             cc: clang
             pool: macos-13
           - jobname: osx-gcc
-            cc: gcc
+            cc: gcc-13
             cc_package: gcc-13
             pool: macos-13
           - jobname: linux-gcc-default
-- 
2.45.1-246-gb9cfe4845c