Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/6] use the pager in 'add -p'

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 06:17:00 -0400

On Sun, Jun 02, 2024 at 05:38:42PM +0200, Rubén Justo wrote:

> However, the current functionality meets my current needs, so I'm happy
> with it.
> 
> This, a new 'interactive.pipeCommand' setting, or a new switch: 'add -P',
> are left for discussing in, hopefully, a future series.

Earlier I suggested that I'd set such a config variable to something
like:

  diff-highlight | less -FX

But after playing with your patch, I realized that:

  - there's no need to pipe through diff-highlight; it already happened
    as part of interactive.diffFilter!

  - since it's triggered manually now, there's no need to add in -FX

So I am perfectly happy for you to stop where you did. Possibly
interactive.pipeCommand could be useful in a more general sense, but we
can wait until somebody encounters that itch.

-Peff