Subject: [PATCH] gitweb: rss/atom change published/updated date to committed date

From: Jesús Ariel Cabello Mateos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2024 16:45:35 +0000

Currently the published(in rss) and the updated(in atom) date
used is the authored date. Change it to the committed date 
that betters reflect the "published/updated" definition and 
makes rss/atom feeds more lineal. Gitlab/Github rss/atom feeds 
use the commited date.

The committed date is already used to determine if more items
should be fetched.

Signed-off-by: Jesús Ariel Cabello Mateos <[email-masked]>
---
 gitweb/gitweb.perl | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gitweb/gitweb.perl b/gitweb/gitweb.perl
index ccd14e0e30..0ef5707557 100755
--- a/gitweb/gitweb.perl
+++ b/gitweb/gitweb.perl
@@ -8329,7 +8329,7 @@ sub git_feed {
 		if (($i >= 20) && ((time - $co{'author_epoch'}) > 48*60*60)) {
 			last;
 		}
-		my %cd = parse_date($co{'author_epoch'}, $co{'author_tz'});
+		my %cd = parse_date($co{'committer_epoch'}, $co{'committer_tz'});
 
 		# get list of changed files
 		open my $fd, "-|", git_cmd(), "diff-tree", '-r', @diff_opts,
-- 
2.45.2