Subject: [PATCH v4 0/7] git-submodule.sh: improve parsing of options

From: Roy Eldar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 08:32:27 +0200

When we run "git submodule", the script parses the various options and
then invokes "git-submodule--helper". Unlike most builtin git commands
which parse short/long options using parse-options.c, the parsing of
arguments is completely done within git-submodule.sh; therefore, there
are some inconsistencies with the rest of the commands, in particular
the parsing of option arguments given to various options.

Improve the handling of option arguments for both long & short options;
for example, passing flags such as "--branch=master" or "-j8" now works.

Changes since v3:

- Minor typos in some switch case patterns.

Link to v3:

https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]

Roy Eldar (7):
  git-submodule.sh: improve parsing of some long options
  git-submodule.sh: improve parsing of short options
  git-submodule.sh: get rid of isnumber
  git-submodule.sh: get rid of unused variable
  git-submodule.sh: add some comments
  git-submodule.sh: improve variables readability
  git-submodule.sh: rename some variables

 git-submodule.sh | 216 +++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------
 1 file changed, 105 insertions(+), 111 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.2