Subject: [GSOC] [Newbie] Test Script t6423 Microproject

From: ayu-ch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2025 06:15:56 +0530

Hello everyone,  
I am Ayush Chandekar, a second-year undergraduate student at IIT Roorkee.  
I've been using Git ever since I started learning about development. When I  
started out, I used to solve some problems/exercises related to git. It was  
very crucial for getting better and now as I'm looking forward to start my  
contribution to open source, I find Git! I read almost all the docs on the website, blogs  
and tried to understand as much code as I can. I just want to take a moment  
to appreciate how great all the documentation is. It's honestly the best  
I've ever seen out of any org. It developed an urge of giving back to git  
after I'd spent so much time developing things. I even started a small  
project of making my own git (obviously mini version).  

Coming to the topic, I saw that we need to submit a microproject, and I  
started to find my microproject. I stumbled upon the thread which mentioned  
skip bitmap traversal for --left-right in git rev-list. I tried to  
understand the issue, which I pretty much understood why it's happening,  
but I figured I still need to discuss it with someone. This is also my  
first post/patch on the mailing list, so I would love if someone can discuss  
about that issue with me :)  

The docs also said that only one microproject should be done, and for now  
I've selected the one mentioned in them, which is Avoid suppressing git's  
exit code in test scripts. But I feel that the ones mentioned are pretty  
small. Can I still contribute more by not calling them as microprojects? I  
can do it for more files, but first I would like to have some feedback about  
my initial patch. I know there might be a lot of mistakes as this is my  
first patch. Thanks for taking out your time for going through this :)  

Best regards,  
Ayush  

Signed-off-by: ayu-ch <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh b/t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh
index 88d1cf2cde..bdd19de3aa 100755
--- a/t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh
+++ b/t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh
@@ -5071,7 +5071,7 @@ test_expect_success '12i: Directory rename causes rename-to-self' '
 		test_path_is_file source/bar &&
 		test_path_is_file source/baz &&
 
-		git ls-files | uniq >tracked &&
+		git ls-files >actual && uniq <actual >tracked &&
 		test_line_count = 3 tracked &&
 
 		git status --porcelain -uno >actual &&
@@ -5129,7 +5129,7 @@ test_expect_success '12j: Directory rename to root causes rename-to-self' '
 		test_path_is_file bar &&
 		test_path_is_file baz &&
 
-		git ls-files | uniq >tracked &&
+		git ls-files >actual && uniq <actual >tracked &&
 		test_line_count = 3 tracked &&
 
 		git status --porcelain -uno >actual &&
@@ -5187,7 +5187,7 @@ test_expect_success '12k: Directory rename with sibling causes rename-to-self' '
 		test_path_is_file dirA/bar &&
 		test_path_is_file dirA/baz &&
 
-		git ls-files | uniq >tracked &&
+		git ls-files >actual && uniq <actual >tracked &&
 		test_line_count = 3 tracked &&
 
 		git status --porcelain -uno >actual &&
-- 
2.48.GIT