Subject: [PATCH v3 0/4] t/unit-tests: convert unit-tests to use clar

From: Seyi Kuforiji <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 11:10:40 +0100

Hello,

This small patch series transitions a couple more of our existing unit
test files to the Clar testing framework. This change is part of our
ongoing effort to standardize our testing framework to enhance
maintainability.

Changes in v3:
 - minor code change based on review

Thanks
Seyi

Mentored-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Mentored-by: Philip Wood <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Seyi Kuforiji <[email-masked]>

Seyi Kuforiji (4):
  t/unit-tests: implement clar specific oid helper functions
  t/unit-tests: convert oid-array test to use clar test framework
  t/unit-tests: convert oidmap test to use clar test framework
  t/unit-tests: convert oidtree test to use clar test framework

 Makefile                                      |   8 +-
 t/meson.build                                 |   8 +-
 t/unit-tests/lib-oid.c                        |  32 ++--
 t/unit-tests/lib-oid.h                        |   9 +-
 t/unit-tests/{t-oid-array.c => u-oid-array.c} | 125 +++++++-------
 t/unit-tests/{t-oidmap.c => u-oidmap.c}       | 153 +++++++-----------
 t/unit-tests/{t-oidtree.c => u-oidtree.c}     |  79 ++++-----
 t/unit-tests/unit-test.c                      |   2 +
 8 files changed, 177 insertions(+), 239 deletions(-)
 rename t/unit-tests/{t-oid-array.c => u-oid-array.c} (34%)
 rename t/unit-tests/{t-oidmap.c => u-oidmap.c} (32%)
 rename t/unit-tests/{t-oidtree.c => u-oidtree.c} (45%)

Range-diff against v2:
1:  7f14d0d574 ! 1:  c5b6613617 t/unit-tests: implement clar specific oid helper functions
    @@ t/unit-tests/lib-oid.c: int init_hash_algo(void)
     +static void cl_parse_oid(const char *hex, struct object_id *oid,
      				       const struct git_hash_algo *algop)
      {
    - 	int ret;
    +-	int ret;
      	size_t sz = strlen(hex);
      	struct strbuf buf = STRBUF_INIT;
      
2:  430f5c5007 = 2:  d6cc4985a6 t/unit-tests: convert oid-array test to use clar test framework
3:  319cea1265 = 3:  1087752df5 t/unit-tests: convert oidmap test to use clar test framework
4:  ea63a5c9f1 = 4:  cda8dc194c t/unit-tests: convert oidtree test to use clar test framework
-- 
2.47.0.86.g15030f9556