Subject: [PATCH 0/2] help: include SHA build options in version info

From: Justin Tobler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 12:01:19 -0500

Greetings,

Additional information regarding how Git was build can be found via the
`--build-options` flag for git-verison(1). This currectly does not
include information about the SHA-1 and SHA-256 implementations Git is
built with.

This short series adds build option info for the SHA-1, SHA-256, and
unsafe-SHA-1 (if any) implementations which may be useful for diagnostic
purposes.

Regarding "unsafe-SHA-1", I wonder if we should use a different name in
the printed build options that sounds a little less scary. I was
thinking maybe "fast-SHA-1" and document its meaning appropriately. I'm
interested to know if anyone has thoughts on this.

Thanks,
-Justin

Justin Tobler (2):
  help: include SHA implementation in version info
  help: include unsafe SHA-1 build info in version

 Documentation/git-version.adoc |  3 +++
 help.c                         | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 39 insertions(+)

base-commit: 683c54c999c301c2cd6f715c411407c413b1d84e
-- 
2.49.0