Subject: [PATCH 0/1] remove unnecessary if statement

From: Usman Akinyemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 17:29:24 +0530

In an earlier patch[1] which has been merged to the master,
We checked `repo` is not NULL before making call to `repo_config()`.
Later, in another patch series[2] which has been merged to master,
`repo_config()` was taught to allow `repo` to be NULL.

So there is not need for checking if the `repo` is NULL before calling
repo_config() in the earlier patch.

Also, Patrick suggested having the test inside the
"t1517-outside-repo.sh"[3] instead of having it in the individual test
files like[2] and I also think it is a good approach as we will
have all such tests in one place. So, for this patch, I added the
test inside the "t1517-outside-repo.sh". If this is accepted, I will
move the test for previous builtin cmd which has already been merged
to master to "t1517-outside-repo.sh" file.

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
 
Usman Akinyemi (1):
  builtin/update-server-info: remove unnecessary if statement

 builtin/update-server-info.c | 4 ++--
 t/t1517-outside-repo.sh      | 7 +++++++
 2 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.49.0