Subject: [GSoC] [PATCH v6 0/1] t9811: be more precise to check importing of tags

From: Anthony Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2025 08:19:56 +0200

In order to expose more testing outputs, we remove the piping of `git tag` 
outputs in order to expose the exit codes. In addition, we change the 
usage of `grep` to `git show-ref --verify` to check for the existence of
expected tags in a cleaner manner, preventing false positives. We also
check to make sure TAG_F1_ONLY does not exist, as it is not expected to be 
created in this test.

--------------
changes in v6:
- removed unneccesary calls to `git tag`
- changed commit message to better describe rationale for changes
- added missing sign-off to patch #1

changes in v5:
- moved commit message to message body, and fixed subject line
- fixed whitespace issues in patch #1

changes in v4:
- changed `grep` to `git show-ref --verify` to check for the existence of 
  tags, and added a test_must_fail check for the unexpected tag.
- consolidated the three commits into one, as the changes were not 
  significant enough to warrant three separate commits.
- added a new commit message to clarify the changes made.

changes in v3:
- patch #1 and #2 were missing my sign-off, which has now been added.
- patch #2 referenced a line number, which was not informative. A new 
  discription has been added referencing the context of the code.

changes in v2:
- patch #2 and #3 have been added to reduce confusion caused by the 
  implications of `grep` followed by `grep -q`, and increase debug 
  output.

 t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh | 9 ++++-----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.5 (Apple Git-154)