Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Nominating "whatchanged" for removal

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2025 14:34:50 -0700

This does not go far enough to touch the "Git 3.0 removal" list in
Documentation/BreakingChanges.adoc, but is a preparatory step
necessary if we ever wanted to do so in the future.

The first step is to split out the long "we marked this for removal.
tell us at [email-masked] if you still use it, and in the
meantime we refuse to proceed without --i-still-use-this" message
out of "git pack-redundant" implementation and makes it reusable.

The second step is to use that helper to mark "git whatchanged" for
removal.

Junio C Hamano (2):
  you-still-use-that??: help deprecating commands for removal
  whatchanged: require --i-still-use-this

 Documentation/git-whatchanged.adoc | 10 ++++++++--
 builtin/log.c                      | 13 +++++++++++++
 builtin/pack-redundant.c           | 10 ++--------
 git-compat-util.h                  |  2 ++
 t/t4013-diff-various.sh            | 17 +++++++++++++++--
 t/t5323-pack-redundant.sh          |  5 +++++
 usage.c                            | 12 ++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 57 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

-- 
2.49.0-599-g90c2cffacf