Subject: [PATCH 0/5] miscellaneous build mods (part 2)

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2025 17:44:34 +0100

This series (part 2) continues the miscellaneous changes to the make,
meson and autoconf build systems. I am sending this part a little
earlier than I expected, so there will now be a part 3!

The reason for the early posting is to try and avoid an regression in
the autoconf build system (see patch #5). Hopefully, we still have time
in this cycle to get patch #5 included.

This series is based on commit 6f84262c44 ("The eleventh batch", 2025-05-05)

I did a test merge to 'next'@629a3ecd64 without issue, but 'seen'@71cfd25022
had a small conflict with commit 1a2929c851 ("meson: allow customize perl
installation path", 2025-04-24) on the 'dd/meson-perl-custom-path' branch.
(I note that a new version of that patch was posted to the list today).

The fixup looks like:

    diff --cc perl/Git/SVN/Memoize/meson.build
    index 4c589b30c3,8c2e80d2d2..d6209dc3bf
    --- a/perl/Git/SVN/Memoize/meson.build
    +++ b/perl/Git/SVN/Memoize/meson.build
    @@@ -3,6 -3,6 +3,6 @@@ test_dependencies += custom_target
        output: 'YAML.pm',
        command: generate_perl_command,
        install: true,
    -   install_dir: perllibdir / 'Git/SVN',
     -  install_dir: get_option('datadir') / 'perl5/Git/SVN/Memoize',
    ++  install_dir: perllibdir / 'Git/SVN/Memoize',
        depends: [git_version_file],
      )

ATB,
Ramsay Jones

Ramsay Jones (5):
  meson.build: quote the GITWEBDIR build configuration
  meson: correct install location of YAML.pm
  meson: correct path to system config/attribute files
  meson.build: correct setting of GIT_EXEC_PATH
  configure.ac: upgrade to a compilation check for sysinfo

 configure.ac                     | 25 ++++++++++++++++++++++---
 meson.build                      | 28 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 meson_options.txt                |  4 ++--
 perl/Git/SVN/Memoize/meson.build |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.49.0