Subject: [PATCH v7 0/2] Avoid submodule overwritten and skip redundant active entries

From: K Jayatheerth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2025 13:00:53 +0530

This series of patch covers mainly two areas

1. The bug report where after submodule was moved and the path remained same
   when a new submodule was added then it directly was overwriting the 
   moved submodule as the present submodule since the path matched.

2. The configure_added_submodule was writing submodule.<name>.active
   entry, even when the new path is already matched by submodule.active
   patterns.

Below is a helper function and 2 new tests with fixes of the above problem.

V7 has added Tab spaces in the test rather than 4 spaces in V6

Junio C Hamano (1):
  The seventeenth batch

K Jayatheerth (1):
  submodule: prevent overwriting .gitmodules entry on path reuse

 Documentation/RelNotes/2.50.0.adoc | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
 builtin/submodule--helper.c        | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh         | 23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 70 insertions(+)

-- 
2.49.GIT