Subject: [PATCH v2 6/7] t/t1517: move verify-commit -h test to t1517

From: Usman Akinyemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2025 03:11:07 +0530

The test 'verify-commit does not crash with -h' checks that
the command exits cleanly with usage information, both inside and
outside of a repository.

Move this test from "t/t7510-signed-commit.sh" to
"t1517-outside-repo.sh" since it better fits with tests that check
command behavior outside a repository.

Suggested-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Usman Akinyemi <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t1517-outside-repo.sh  | 7 +++++++
 t/t7510-signed-commit.sh | 7 -------
 2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh b/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
index a140b5cc38..42381ef7eb 100755
--- a/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
+++ b/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
@@ -149,4 +149,11 @@ test_expect_success 'send-pack does not crash with -h' '
 	test_grep "[Uu]sage: git send-pack " usage
 '
 
+test_expect_success 'verify-commit does not crash with -h' '
+	test_expect_code 129 git verify-commit -h >usage &&
+	test_grep "[Uu]sage: git verify-commit " usage &&
+	test_expect_code 129 nongit git verify-commit -h >usage &&
+	test_grep "[Uu]sage: git verify-commit " usage
+'
+
 test_done
diff --git a/t/t7510-signed-commit.sh b/t/t7510-signed-commit.sh
index 39677e859a..0d2dd29fe6 100755
--- a/t/t7510-signed-commit.sh
+++ b/t/t7510-signed-commit.sh
@@ -8,13 +8,6 @@ export GIT_TEST_DEFAULT_INITIAL_BRANCH_NAME
 GNUPGHOME_NOT_USED=$GNUPGHOME
 . "$TEST_DIRECTORY/lib-gpg.sh"
 
-test_expect_success GPG 'verify-commit does not crash with -h' '
-	test_expect_code 129 git verify-commit -h >usage &&
-	test_grep "[Uu]sage: git verify-commit " usage &&
-	test_expect_code 129 nongit git verify-commit -h >usage &&
-	test_grep "[Uu]sage: git verify-commit " usage
-'
-
 test_expect_success GPG 'create signed commits' '
 	test_oid_cache <<-\EOF &&
 	header sha1:gpgsig
-- 
2.50.0