Subject: [PATCH 0/2] meson regression fix

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2025 00:32:37 +0100

As promised, here is the patch to fix the regression caused by
commit 837f637cf5 ("meson.build: correct setting of GIT_EXEC_PATH",
2025-05-19).

I compared the meson and corresponding make installations, which
shows (in addition to fixing the regression):

  - the make install includes 'gitk' and 'git-gui' which is
    missing from the meson install.

  - the make install includes all of the 'builtin' commands
    in the 'library executables' (e.g. git-add), which the
    meson install omits. (I thought we had stopped 'installing'
    the builtins).

  - the make install uses hard links whereas meson uses symbolic
    links.

  - meson omits the Irish translation (see patch #2).

I noticed some other problems, which I was chasing to see if I could
fix them here, but it was taking me down an unexpectedly deep rabit
hole, so ...

ATB,
Ramsay Jones

Ramsay Jones (2):
  meson: fix installation when -Dlibexexdir is set
  po/meson.build: add missing 'ga' language code

 meson.build    | 42 +++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 po/meson.build |  1 +
 2 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

-- 
2.50.0