Subject: [PATCH v2 1/3] t1517: fixup for ua/t1517-short-help-tests

From: "D. Ben Knoble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2025 21:26:02 -0400

- drop spurious message during test
- fix known breakages that actually work
- fix instaweb marker for known failure: it is not a failure, but should not
  have .sh suffix
- fix new t5200 test

Signed-off-by: D. Ben Knoble <[email-masked]>
---

Notes:
    I expect this and other fixes to get squashed into the upstream branch,
    but I'm including it here so it's easy to create a clean build.

 t/t1517-outside-repo.sh       | 7 +++----
 t/t5200-update-server-info.sh | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh b/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
index 9443c0284f..deb72da66e 100755
--- a/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
+++ b/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
@@ -113,10 +113,10 @@
 	case "$cmd" in
 	archimport | cvsexportcommit | cvsimport | cvsserver | daemon | \
 	difftool--helper | filter-branch | fsck-objects | get-tar-commit-id | \
-	http-backend | http-fetch | http-push | init-db | instaweb.sh | \
+	http-backend | http-fetch | http-push | init-db | \
 	merge-octopus | merge-one-file | merge-resolve | mergetool | \
-	mktag | p4 | p4.py | pickaxe | quiltimport | remote-ftp | remote-ftps | \
-	remote-http | remote-https | replay | request-pull | send-email | \
+	mktag | p4 | p4.py | pickaxe | remote-ftp | remote-ftps | \
+	remote-http | remote-https | replay | send-email | \
 	sh-i18n--envsubst | shell | show | stage | submodule | svn | \
 	upload-archive--writer | upload-pack | web--browse | whatchanged)
 		expect_outcome=expect_failure ;;
@@ -125,7 +125,6 @@
 	esac
 	test_$expect_outcome "'git $cmd -h' outside a repository" '
 		test_expect_code 129 nongit git $cmd -h >usage &&
-		echo "Hello" &&
 		test_grep "[Uu]sage: git $cmd " usage
 	'
 done
diff --git a/t/t5200-update-server-info.sh b/t/t5200-update-server-info.sh
index a1f129db4e..a551e955b5 100755
--- a/t/t5200-update-server-info.sh
+++ b/t/t5200-update-server-info.sh
@@ -48,7 +48,7 @@
 
 test_expect_success 'update-server-info does not crash with -h' '
 	test_expect_code 129 git update-server-info -h >usage &&
-	test_grep "[Uu]sage: git update-server-info " usage &&
+	test_grep "[Uu]sage: git update-server-info " usage
 '
 
 test_done
-- 
2.48.1