Subject: [PATCH 0/3] bulk-checkin: remove global transaction state

From: Justin Tobler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2025 17:55:28 -0500

Greetings,

The bulk-checkin subsystem provides an interface to write objects to the
object database in a bulk transaction. The state of an ongoing
transaction is stored across several global variables. This series aims
to remove this global transaction state in favor of storing state in in
`struct object_database`. This is done in preparation for a follow-up
change where the goal is to eventually move these transaction interfaces
into "odb.h".

Thanks,
-Justin

Justin Tobler (3):
  bulk-checkin: introduce object database transaction structure
  bulk-checkin: remove global transaction state
  bulk-checkin: wire repository variable

 builtin/add.c            |   5 +-
 builtin/unpack-objects.c |   5 +-
 builtin/update-index.c   |   7 +-
 bulk-checkin.c           | 136 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 bulk-checkin.h           |  19 ++++--
 cache-tree.c             |   5 +-
 object-file.c            |  12 ++--
 odb.h                    |   8 +++
 read-cache.c             |   5 +-
 9 files changed, 128 insertions(+), 74 deletions(-)

base-commit: c44beea485f0f2feaf460e2ac87fdd5608d63cf0
-- 
2.51.0