Subject: [PATCH 1/5] gpg-interface: simplify ssh fingerprint parsing

From: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2025 09:12:28 +0100

In "gpg-interface.c", the 'parse_ssh_output()' function takes a
'struct signature_check *sigc' argument and populates many members of
this 'sigc' using information parsed from 'sigc->output' which
contains the ouput of an `ssh-keygen -Y ...` command that was used to
verify an SSH signature.

When it populates 'sigc->fingerprint' though, it uses
`xstrdup(strstr(line, "key ") + 4)` while `strstr(line, "key ")` has
already been computed a few lines above and is already available in
the `key` variable.

Let's simplify this.

Signed-off-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
---
 gpg-interface.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gpg-interface.c b/gpg-interface.c
index 2f4f0e32cb..91d1b58cb4 100644
--- a/gpg-interface.c
+++ b/gpg-interface.c
@@ -443,7 +443,7 @@ static void parse_ssh_output(struct signature_check *sigc)
 
 	key = strstr(line, "key ");
 	if (key) {
-		sigc->fingerprint = xstrdup(strstr(line, "key ") + 4);
+		sigc->fingerprint = xstrdup(key + 4);
 		sigc->key = xstrdup(sigc->fingerprint);
 	} else {
 		/*
-- 
2.51.2.540.g4ad31e1014