Subject: [PATCH v1 1/3] notes doc: call NOTES_MERGE_WORKTREE a "worktree", not "work tree"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2025 11:58:51 -0800

As "git help glossary" says, there is "working tree" that is a
directory that holds a checkout, and there is "worktree" (one word)
that is a working tree plus repository metadata.  There is no "work
tree".

The NOTES_MERGE_WORKTREE thing used by the "git notes merge" is the
latter.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-notes.adoc | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-notes.adoc b/Documentation/git-notes.adoc
index 46a232ca71..8f176f9e10 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-notes.adoc
+++ b/Documentation/git-notes.adoc
@@ -282,9 +282,9 @@ NOTES MERGE STRATEGIES
 ----------------------
 
 The default notes merge strategy is `manual`, which checks out
-conflicting notes in a special work tree for resolving notes conflicts
+conflicting notes in a special worktree for resolving notes conflicts
 (`.git/NOTES_MERGE_WORKTREE`), and instructs the user to resolve the
-conflicts in that work tree.
+conflicts in that worktree.
 When done, the user can either finalize the merge with
 `git notes merge --commit`, or abort the merge with
 `git notes merge --abort`.
-- 
2.52.0-rc1-455-g30608eb744