Subject: [PATCH 1/2] unit-test: ignore --no-chain-lint

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2025 04:32:43 -0500

In the same spirit as 9faf3963b6 (t: introduce compatibility options to
clar-based tests, 2024-12-13), we should ignore --no-chain-lint passed
to our clar tests, since it may appear in GIT_TEST_OPTS to be used with
other tests.

This is particularly important on Windows CI, where --no-chain-lint is
added to the test options by default, and the meson build will pass all
options to the unit tests. The only reason our meson Windows CI job does
not run into this currently is that it is not respecting GIT_TEST_OPTS
at all! So ignoring this option is a prerequisite to fixing that
situation.

Signed-off-by: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
---
 t/unit-tests/unit-test.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/t/unit-tests/unit-test.c b/t/unit-tests/unit-test.c
index 5af645048a..752fb38fb3 100644
--- a/t/unit-tests/unit-test.c
+++ b/t/unit-tests/unit-test.c
@@ -29,6 +29,7 @@ int cmd_main(int argc, const char **argv)
 		OPT_NOOP_NOARG('d', "debug"),
 		OPT_NOOP_NOARG(0, "github-workflow-markup"),
 		OPT_NOOP_NOARG(0, "no-bin-wrappers"),
+		OPT_NOOP_ARG(0, "no-chain-lint"),
 		OPT_NOOP_ARG(0, "root"),
 		OPT_NOOP_ARG(0, "stress"),
 		OPT_NOOP_NOARG(0, "tee"),
-- 
2.52.0.278.gadc6434dc3