Subject: [PATCH] t/t1517: indicate that `gui--askyesno` fails with GIT_TEST_INSTALLED

From: Brian Lyles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2025 21:10:35 -0600

Commit e749c87e75 (git-gui: provide question helper for retry fallback
on Windows, 2025-08-28) causes `git-gui--askyesno` to be installed when
running `make install`. This triggers a new occurrence of the issue
noted in commit c4cf8caadd (t/t1517: mark tests that fail with
GIT_TEST_INSTALLED, 2025-08-19), which prevents Git v2.52.0 from
building in nixpkgs [1]. Indicate that this is an expected failure.

[1]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/465178#issuecomment-3580790826

Signed-off-by: Brian Lyles <[email-masked]>
---

Note that while this does allow nixpkgs to build v2.52.0, I suspect that
this sort of issue is likely to crop up again in the future. I wonder if
it may be beneficial to make some more fundamental change to this test
to avoid future occurrences. If that is preferred (and something that
someone has time to tackle in the near future), I am happy to allow this
patch to be obviated by such a change.

 t/t1517-outside-repo.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh b/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
index c824c1a25c..13540388f9 100755
--- a/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
+++ b/t/t1517-outside-repo.sh
@@ -115,7 +115,7 @@ do
 	credential-osxkeychain | cvsexportcommit | cvsimport | cvsserver | \
 	daemon | \
 	difftool--helper | filter-branch | fsck-objects | get-tar-commit-id | \
-	gui | gui--askpass | \
+	gui | gui--askpass | gui--askyesno | \
 	http-backend | http-fetch | http-push | init-db | \
 	merge-octopus | merge-one-file | merge-resolve | mergetool | \
 	mktag | p4 | p4.py | pickaxe | remote-ftp | remote-ftps | \
--
2.51.2