Subject: [PATCH 3/2] meson: use is_cross_build() where possible

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2025 15:53:31 +0100

In previous commit the first use of meson.can_run_host_binaries() was
introduced. This is a guard around compiler.run() to ensure it's
actually possible to execute the provided.

In other places we've been having the same issue, but here `not
meson.is_cross_build()` is used as guard. This does the trick, but it
also prevents the code from running even when an exe_wrapper is
configured.

Switch to using meson.can_run_host_binaries() here as well.

There is another place left that still uses `not
meson.is_cross_build()`, but here it's a guard around fs.exists(). That
function will always run on the build machine, so checking for
cross-compilation is still in place here.

Signed-off-by: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
---
 meson.build | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/meson.build b/meson.build
index 95348e69a4..00ad8a5c60 100644
--- a/meson.build
+++ b/meson.build
@@ -1492,7 +1492,7 @@ if not has_bsd_sysctl
   endif
 endif

-if not meson.is_cross_build() and compiler.run('''
+if meson.can_run_host_binaries() and compiler.run('''
   #include <stdio.h>

   int main(int argc, const char **argv)
--
2.52.0