Subject: [PATCH 0/6] builtin/repo: add object size info to structure output

From: Justin Tobler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2025 16:58:14 -0600

Greetings,

This patch series extends the recently introduced "structure" subcommand
for git-repo(1) to collect object size information. More specifically,
it shows total inflated and disk sizes of objects by object type. The
aim to provide additional insight that may be useful to users regarding
the structure of a repository.

In addition to this change, this series also updates the table output
format to downscale larger output values along with the appropriate unit
prefix. This is done to make table output more human friendly. The
keyvalue and nul output formats are left the same since they are
intended more for machine parsing.

Thanks,
-Justin

Justin Tobler (6):
  builtin/repo: group per-type object values into struct
  builtin/repo: humanise count values in structure output
  builtin/repo: add inflated object info to keyvalue structure output
  builtin/repo: add inflated object info to structure table
  builtin/repo: add disk size info to keyvalue stucture output
  builtin/repo: add object disk size info to structure table

 Documentation/git-repo.adoc |   2 +
 builtin/repo.c              | 222 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t1901-repo-structure.sh   | 142 ++++++++++++++++-------
 3 files changed, 295 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

base-commit: e85ae279b0d58edc2f4c3fd5ac391b51e1223985
-- 
2.52.0.209.ge85ae279b0