Subject: [PATCH 0/2] t5403: improve post-checkout hook testing

From: Deveshi Dwivedi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2026 07:29:48 +0000

Following up on the recently merged patch that replaced 'test -f' with
test_path_is_file, this series continues the cleanup of the
post-checkout hook tests.

Patch 1/2 introduces a check_post_checkout helper function to replace
the repeated pattern of reading and validating hook arguments. This
refactoring does not change test behavior, but makes the code easier
to maintain and prepares it for further improvement.

Patch 2/2 updates the helper and hook output format to use test_cmp
instead of individual test commands. This provides clearer error
messages on failure, making it easier to see which argument (old ref,
new ref, or flag) did not match the expectation.

Deveshi Dwivedi (2):
  t5403:introduce check_post_checkout helper function
  t5403: use test_cmp for post-checkout argument checks

 t/t5403-post-checkout-hook.sh | 49 +++++++++++++++++++----------------
 1 file changed, 26 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

-- 
2.52.0.230.gd8af7cadaa