Subject: Re: Memory leak

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2026 15:49:57 -0500

On Wed, Jan 21, 2026 at 10:47:28AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Harald Nordgren <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> >> My bad, it does fix it! I think I applied your patch incorrectly the first
> >> time around.
> >
> > I've queued your v26 on top of a merge of Peff's leakfix patches
> > into 'master'.  It hopefully will appear in today's pushout.
> >
> > Thanks, both.
> 
> So are we all happy with v26 of the topic?

It addresses my main concern, which was having a way to turn it off. ;)
(And I see it is not even changed by default now).

One thing that puzzled me a bit is that the show_divergence_advice flag
is only respected for "use git pull if you want to integrate..." hint
and not other advice. But that was true even before these patches. It
feels funny to me that it is treated differently than the other advice.
But I think we can ignore that for the purposes of this topic. If
anything it is a defect in b6f3da5132 (wt-status: don't show divergence
advice when committing, 2023-07-12), which perhaps should have covered
more code paths.

Other than that, I did not see anything wrong from my (admittedly pretty
cursory) read.

-Peff