Subject: [PATCH 0/3] wt-status: reduce reliance on global state

From: Shreyansh Paliwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2026 00:27:36 +0530

In wt-status.c code still relies on some global variables, including
the_repository and the_hash_algo, even in cases where a repository
instance is already available via struct wt_status or struct worktree.

In patch 1/3, replace direct uses of the_repository with repository
instances already available in local structs.

In patch 2/3, update function parameters and calls to pass struct
repository or struct wt_status explicitly where no local repository
access was available.

In patch 3/3, replace remaining uses of the global the_hash_algo with the
hash algorithm stored in the respective repository instance.

These changes remove all direct uses of the_repository and
the_hash_algo from wt-status.c and reduce its dependence on global state.

Shreyansh Paliwal (3):
  wt-status: replace uses of the_repository with local repository
    instances
  wt-status: pass struct repository and wt_status through function
    parameters
  wt-status: use hash_algo from local repository instead of global
    the_hash_algo

 wt-status.c | 76 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------
 1 file changed, 38 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
2.52.0