Subject: [PATCH v4 3/3] wt-status: use hash_algo from local repository instead of global the_hash_algo

From: Shreyansh Paliwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2026 22:59:48 +0530

wt-status.c still uses the global the_hash_algo even though a repository
instance is already available via struct wt_status.

Replace uses of the_hash_algo with the hash algorithm stored in the
associated repository (s->repo->hash_algo or r->hash_algo).

This removes another dependency on global state and keeps wt-status
consistent with local repository usage.

Signed-off-by: Shreyansh Paliwal <[email-masked]>
---
 wt-status.c | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/wt-status.c b/wt-status.c
index b44b8377e5..264281fb67 100644
--- a/wt-status.c
+++ b/wt-status.c
@@ -1815,10 +1815,10 @@ void wt_status_get_state(struct repository *r,
 	if (!sequencer_get_last_command(r, &action)) {
 		if (action == REPLAY_PICK && !state->cherry_pick_in_progress) {
 			state->cherry_pick_in_progress = 1;
-			oidcpy(&state->cherry_pick_head_oid, null_oid(the_hash_algo));
+			oidcpy(&state->cherry_pick_head_oid, null_oid(r->hash_algo));
 		} else if (action == REPLAY_REVERT && !state->revert_in_progress) {
 			state->revert_in_progress = 1;
-			oidcpy(&state->revert_head_oid, null_oid(the_hash_algo));
+			oidcpy(&state->revert_head_oid, null_oid(r->hash_algo));
 		}
 	}
 	if (get_detached_from)
@@ -2630,7 +2630,7 @@ int has_uncommitted_changes(struct repository *r,
 		 * We have no head (or it's corrupt); use the empty tree,
 		 * which will complain if the index is non-empty.
 		 */
-		struct tree *tree = lookup_tree(r, the_hash_algo->empty_tree);
+		struct tree *tree = lookup_tree(r, r->hash_algo->empty_tree);
 		add_pending_object(&rev_info, &tree->object, "");
 	}
 
-- 
2.53.0