Subject: [PATCH v6 0/4] support UTF-8 in alias names

From: Jonatan Holmgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2026 15:52:10 +0100

This series enables UTF-8 and special characters in Git alias names
by using config subsection syntax: [alias "name"] command = value.

I have since last time:
- Unwrapped opt_mode_usage() call in builtin/help.c for consistency
- Removed string_list_sort() to preserve config order as suggested by Ben
- Added missing Signed-off-by trailer to patch 4 (oops)
- Fixed --aliases-for-completion output format to use NUL
  seperators instead of newlines (as per my own commit message and intention)

Thanks again.

Jonatan Holmgren (4):
  help: use list_aliases() for alias listing
  alias: prepare for subsection aliases
  alias: support non-alphanumeric names via subsection syntax
  completion: fix zsh alias listing for subsection aliases

 Documentation/config/alias.adoc       | 50 ++++++++++++++++---
 alias.c                               | 42 +++++++++++++---
 builtin/help.c                        | 13 +++++
 contrib/completion/git-completion.zsh |  2 +-
 help.c                                | 39 +++++++--------
 t/t0014-alias.sh                      | 71 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 182 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)

-- 
2.53.0.122.g591c997fb5.dirty