Subject: [PATCH 0/8] repo: refactoring leftover nits

From: Lucas Seiki Oshiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2026 18:08:36 -0300

Hi!

This patchset refactors git-repo-info after some suggestions and after the
introduction of git-repo-structure. These changes were made:

1. CodingGuidelines now contains a instruction for naming arrays in
   singular (based on [1])

2. Rename a variable to its singular form in repo.c (based on [1])

3. Replace the function `get_value_fn_for_key` by a new function
   `get_repo_info_field` and make the structure of the function `print_fields` closer to the
   function `print_all_fields` (based on [1])

4. Rename the struct `field` to `repo_info_field` (after git-repo-structure)

5. Rename t1900-repo to t1900-repo-info (after git-repo-structure)

6. Use `tr` in output instead of the expected value (based on [2])

7. Replace `NUL` by `_NUL_` in the documentation (based on [3])

8. Capitalize some paragraphs in the documentation (based on [4])

This patch is based on top of master 59438b41ab (Merge branch 'master' of
github.com:git/git, 2026-02-18) with lo/repo-info-keys merged.

[1] [email-masked]
[2] [email-masked]
[3] 12814829.O9o76ZdvQC@piment-oiseau
[4] [email-masked]

Lucas Seiki Oshiro (8):
  CodingGuidelines: instruct to name arrays in singular
  repo: rename repo_info_fields to repo_info_field
  repo: replace get_value_fn_for_key by get_repo_info_field
  repo: rename struct field to repo_info_field
  t1900: rename t1900-repo to t1900-repo-info
  t1901: use tr in git repo structure output instead of expected value
  Documentation/git-repo: replace 'NUL' with '_NUL_'
  Documentation/git-repo: capitalize format descriptions

 Documentation/CodingGuidelines          |  8 +++++
 Documentation/git-repo.adoc             |  8 ++---
 builtin/repo.c                          | 44 ++++++++++++-------------
 t/meson.build                           |  2 +-
 t/{t1900-repo.sh => t1900-repo-info.sh} |  0
 t/t1901-repo-structure.sh               |  8 ++---
 6 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)
 rename t/{t1900-repo.sh => t1900-repo-info.sh} (100%)

-- 
2.50.1 (Apple Git-155)