Subject: [PATCH v4 0/1] Make keys_uniq stop depending on sort of keys_uniq

From: Amisha Chhajed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2026 16:16:53 +0530

While its problematic for keys_uniq to depend on sort operation on keys,
reproduction of the issue as a test is complex, when we add something to the
documentation we will need to re-build git so the array(config-list.h)
is also rebuilt with our new test case so the functions which fail on the test
can catch it during runtime.

The details for the test are as follows:
the case[0] and steps to reproduce[1].
[0] https://lore.kernel.org/git/CAPvEtrfEZXHxcDf=[email-masked]/
[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#m64880c5cd0d36e35bc78692757cf206b13496aea

Community help is appreciated as i tried various ways to reproduce the issue
in a test, including cat to config-list.h, cat to documentation config,
applied patch
https://lore.kernel.org/git/9cdcc9de0[email-masked]/T/#me826da3b6a128e1ceb7215d64328b7d6aa2b211e
as well, but unfortunately, I couldn't get the test in config-list during
test runtime as that array is baked into the binary and needs rebuild to show.

Thanks.

Amisha Chhajed (1):
  help: cleanup the contruction of keys_uniq

 builtin/help.c  | 84 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 t/t0012-help.sh | 26 +++++++--------
 2 files changed, 65 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)

-- 
2.52.0