Subject: [PATCH 3/3] sideband: conditional documentation fix

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2026 10:11:49 -0800

Duplicate a bit of text on either side of the ifdef/ifndef
conditional documentation in order to avoid "sentence assembly" that
does not fit well with translations, taking hint from the discussion
on a recent topic.

cf. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config/sideband.adoc | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/config/sideband.adoc b/Documentation/config/sideband.adoc
index 85205477b7..ddba93393c 100644
--- a/Documentation/config/sideband.adoc
+++ b/Documentation/config/sideband.adoc
@@ -2,14 +2,15 @@ sideband.allowControlCharacters::
 ifdef::with-breaking-changes[]
 	By default, control characters that are delivered via the sideband
 	are masked, except ANSI color sequences. This prevents potentially
+	unwanted ANSI escape sequences from being sent to the terminal.
 endif::with-breaking-changes[]
 ifndef::with-breaking-changes[]
 	By default, no control characters delivered via the sideband
 	are masked. This is unsafe and will change in Git v3.* to only
 	allow ANSI color sequences by default, preventing potentially
+	unwanted ANSI escape sequences from being sent to the terminal.
 endif::with-breaking-changes[]
-	unwanted ANSI escape sequences from being sent to the terminal. Use
-	this config setting to override this behavior (the value can be
+	Use this config setting to override this behavior (the value can be
 	a comma-separated list of the following keywords):
 +
 --
-- 
2.53.0-549-g863838a955