Subject: Re: [PATCH v11 00/12] fsmonitor: implement filesystem change listener for Linux

From: Paul Tarjan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2026 07:15:25 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> One ask from my side: I would welcome it if you slowed down a bit with
> sending out new versions. Sending three different versions within a
> couple hours without any reviews in between makes me pause, as I have no
> idea whether the current version is good to be reviewed or whether I
> should expect another 5 rerolls.

Apologies for that. I thought integrating the feedback would be a quick
fix since it was small and worked locally so I /submitted it without
waiting for a Windows build. When it broke I fixed the Windows version,
saw it passed and typed /submit. Then I got the feedback on the mailing
list that it wasn't what Junio wanted so I undid that and noted in my
front matter that (v11 == v8).

> So please take a bit more time to work feedback into your patch series
> before sending out the next version. It's totally fine to wait a couple
> days between iterations.

Sorry for the quick submissions. I'm more used to the Github
development flow where quick iteration on feedback is optimal to get a
PR merged.

> Also, could you please clarify whether the patch series has been written
> by AI and if so, which parts of it are?

I'm an Engineer at Anthropic so I've sadly completely lost my vim muscle
that I built up over 20 years. All the file fwrite() operations were
executed by my Claude wrapper but fully directed and iterated by me,
with every line reviewed by me. That's just how I code nowadays. Claude
is also an excellent code reviewer so it found multiple bugs in my code
too. I'm aware of your policy and think I'm complying with it, but
please let me know if you prefer something else:
https://git-scm.com/docs/SubmittingPatches#ai

These email replies are written by me but sent by Claude calling git
commands as I've messed up formatting in the past trying to use Gmail
and couldn't figure out the right git incantation to send to the mailing
list, but Claude could.

> Thanks!
> Patrick