Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] imap-send: modernize the OpenSSL API

From: Beat Bolli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2026 23:10:24 +0100

OpenSSL recently released version 4.0.0-alpha1 [1]. Compiling with this
version revealed some erroneous and deprecated code.

This series aims to update this code to use the documented OpenSSL APIs.
All of the newly used APIs have existed since OpenSSL 1.1.0, the latest
version of which was released in September 2019 [2]. IMHO there is no
need to support even older OpenSSL versions.

Cc-ing Oswald as the original author of the affected code.

[1] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/tree/openssl-4.0.0-alpha1
[2] https://openssl-library.org/source/old/1.1.0/index.html

Beat Bolli (3):
  imap-send: use the OpenSSL API to access the subject alternative names
  imap-send: use the OpenSSL API to access the subject common name
  imap-send: move common code into function host_matches()

 imap-send.c | 31 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 1 file changed, 22 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

---
Changes vs v1:
- keep the check for embedded NUL characters

-- 
2.51.0