Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] t0410: modernize delete_object helper

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2026 00:58:25 -0400

On Fri, Mar 13, 2026 at 08:28:52AM +0530, Siddharth Shrimali wrote:

>  delete_object () {
> -	rm $1/.git/objects/$(echo $2 | sed -e 's|^..|&/|')
> +	local repo=$1
> +	local obj=$2
> +	local path="$repo/.git/objects/$(test_oid_to_path "$obj")" &&
> +	rm "$path"

You'll need to write these first two with extra quotes, like:

  local repo="$1"
  local obj="$2"

It is fine without the quotes on most shells, but there are some
historical versions that need it (broken dash, according to
CodingGuidelines?).

This will be caught by "make test", which runs our
check-non-portable-shell script. But that's not run if you're just doing
a one-shot ./0410 invocation.

-Peff