Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] apply: report input file for more parse errors

From: Jialong Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2026 12:23:18 -0400

Rerolling these changes as a single series, since the follow-up patches
are all part of the same input-location reporting topic in apply.c.

The first patch updates the existing "corrupt patch at line N"
diagnostic to include the input file name.

The second patch extends the same treatment to header parsing related
errors, and the third patch does the same for binary patch and garbage
patch errors.

Jialong Wang (3):
  apply: report the location of corrupt patches
  apply: report input location in header parsing errors
  apply: report input location in binary and garbage patch errors

 apply.c                 | 100 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 apply.h                 |   1 +
 range-diff.c            |   2 +-
 t/t4012-diff-binary.sh  |   4 +-
 t/t4100-apply-stat.sh   |  88 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/t4103-apply-binary.sh |  20 +++++++-
 t/t4254-am-corrupt.sh   |   3 +-
 7 files changed, 185 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)

-- 
2.51.0